Re: func-inventory Patch

Hey Seth,

Just FYI, I'm using 0.27, but it also affected 0.25. It becomes apparent with many servers (I'm using it on 20 servers currently). The list gets generated in no particular order, and when #12 is down, it stops right there and doesn't complete.

Let me know if you need more info.

hany

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:55 PM, seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 15:51 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 12:49 -0500, Hany Fahim wrote:
> > Hey Folks,
> >

> > I've been a happy user of func for over a year now and loving it. I've
> > been running func-inventory on a set of machines for a while and I've
> > noticed that whenever one (or more) server is down, func-inventory
> > stops in it's tracks complaining about 'connection refused' and never
> > completes the run on the rest of the machines. I've attached a patch
> > for inventory.py which essentially allows the script to continue with
> > the rest of the servers in the list (changed a 'break' to
> > 'continue'). This is my first patch being submitted to the list, so
> > please let me know if I'm not following standard procedure.
>

> What ver of func is this? I can't seem to replicate this behavior on my
> test systems.
>
> When 2 of the 3 minions are down the func-inventory call completes for
> the one that is up.
>
> when I bring up either of the other 2 it still completes.
>
> It doesn't appear to be outputting about the other downed hosts -which
> is still an issue -but not quite the same.
>
> thoughts?

okay -verified -your patch fixes the reporting of which hosts are down.

-sv