delegation

We recently re-worked our infrastructure to utilize delegation.  It got me started on thinking that it would be great if the overlord could be configured to default to delegation, i'm assuming in overlord.conf.  As I started playing around with some of the new scripts (ie func-command) to enable delegation, it occurred to me that it might be as cut and dry as I thought it would be.  Enabling delegation in the scripts as a cli option is easy, but based on what I'm seeing in how settings and such work, overriding the config file's entry would be less so.  Maybe I'm missing something, so thought I'd ask if anyone had any suggestions on the implementation?

-greg