Re: Alternative messaging (QMF?)

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 2:01 PM, duncan@xxxxxxxxx <duncan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been looking for any information about using alternative messaging buses for the backend of func and only found a short discussion back in Feb 2009.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/func-list/2009-February/msg00009.html

Hi, one of my tasks in google summer of code 2009 (last summer) was to make func work over qmf. However on that date the qmf was not stable yet and python bindings were not complete. So there is no port of func on qmf as far as i know. I made a little experiment to make certmaster work on qmf which is here (the code is not synch with latest git repo) :

http://github.com/makkalot/certmaster/tree/qpid-extreme

It may give you some idea how the things can be done ...

(Func over Apache QMF?)

AMQP/QMF/qpid has come a long way since then and is close to a gold (re?)release as part of Red Hat's MRG offering.  As a means to offloading the messaging complexity to another project?  Using something that clearly has a future as a corporate product?

Cheers

Duncan