Re: is there a way to use func from any registered server?

On May 25, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 03:58:45PM -0700, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

>>> ultimately, yes.
>>>
>>> It works now - it works more easily in the version in git - but you can make it work now in the released versions.
>>>
>>> you have to use acls  to allow various certificates/hosts to perform methods on other hosts.
>>>

>>> -sv
>>>

>> Great.  Is there docs on this?
>>
> https://fedorahosted.org/func/wiki/MinionToMinion
>
> I also wrote up some step by step notes as I was figuring out minion to
> minion for a project I'm working on.  It starts at Line 78 of this file if
> that's a helpful example to you:
>
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=headhunter.git;a=blob;f=docs/headhunter.rst;h=4d75ec67e0d90cb21b0df529670dd87f5e161cc6;hb=refs/heads/master
>
> -Toshio

I'm definitely getting confused on this.  I think the problem is just not knowing what config to update.  There's talk of the overlord and the Task Scheduler and the Minions, etc and it's just getting a little confusing as to what machine does what.  certmaster and minion is easy enough to understand.

Is it possible to get a simple example?

I have the certmaster and a minion.  These are the only two machines in the cluster at the moment.

I want to be able to fun the "hardware info" module from either the certmaster or the minion machines.

What are the configs necessary on the certmaster and what configs are necessary on the minion to be able to run this module from either machine?

I think something simple like this will help get me going in the right direction.

Thanks for your help.

-jeremy