nolist minions

Hi,
I've been dinking with some code for another project and I wrote a little NoListMinions class that seems to work. All it does is to take the hostnames you pass on the commandline of a func command:

func hostname1;hostname2;hostname3 call system list_methods

and just takes those names, verbatim, as the hosts to connect to. If the connect doesn't work, it doesn't work.

It doesn't take globs, obviously, and it doesn't work if the host won't resolve for some reason but I think it makes a fair bit of obvious sense to have around as an option.

My only question is - should this be what all of the minion lookups fall back to?

If the minion lookup fails to find a match for a user-specified string, should it assume the user wanted to connect to argybargy1 and just carry on?

Maybe have a check to see if the string includes obviously not-hostname things like '*' or []?

-sv