From: func-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:func-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Andreas Thienemann
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:05 PM
To: func-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Support broken for python2.3 (and RHEL 4) ?

On 03/16/2010 09:18 AM, External DI PIETRO Nicolas (CAMPUS) wrote:

> The question is, is func meant to be run on python2.3 or does the
> support for (old) python2.3 dropped ?

I do not know if it is intentional but with 0.25 python 2.3 support
broke.

Attached is a patch which will add python 2.3 support. We are applying
it inside our .spec file:

%if 0%{?rhel} == 4
%patch3 -p1 -b .py23
%endif

The patch might be a bit hackish and I would not suggest using it on
machines which have a python 2.4 package installed. Otherwise however,
it works fine.

cheers,
  andreas

--
Andreas Thienemann               Unix Systems Administrator
Amsterdam, The Netherlands   andreas.thienemann@xxxxxxxxxxx