Re: func and puppet

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, brett lentz wrote:

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hey funcsters,
 Got a zany idea - I know there  are a lot of people using puppet for their
config mgmt- and puppet has its certs for doing the same thing that
certmaster does - heck - this is what we based certmaster to do.

My question is this - if func was able to just use the certs that puppet
already has would that be more useful to anyone?

-sv

Funny enough, I already was planning on doing this in the near future
for $dayjob.

I don't think there's really much Certmaster needs to do to support this.

By default, puppet stores it's certs in /var/lib/puppet/ssl, and func
uses /etc/pki.  The first step seems to be to teach people to
configure their puppet deployments to use /etc/pki and/or teach
certmaster to look in /var/lib/puppet/ssl for certs.

well certmaster would be removed from the equation entirely at that point.

It would just be teaching func to use puppet's ca and certs instead of certmaster's.

-sv