Re: host checkout before run

Hi,

I find this very important. We are currently evaluating func to manage >500
systems in about 100 groups and this would be definitively something worth having.

I can imagine that here we suffer somewhat from the stateless design of func -
If you plan to run 20 commands on a large group (e.g. from a bash script) then
for each command func needs to check all hosts.

I have another suggestion: Could we not have a better distinction between
command timeouts and communication timeouts? E.g. even for a long-running
command the communication timeout (e.g. for connect() ...) could be short. That
way we could skip the extra ping and absent hosts could then fail with a "soft
error" or "host unreachable" error" that should be different from a "command
error"... ?

Regards,
Schlomo

PS: I have to admit that I did not yet dive into the code to understand how func
handles multiple hosts (async multiprocessing, paralellization etc.). The above
suggestion would clearly need to be part of that.