Problems with the RpmModule

Hi,

First I just want to say I find this a very useful project.  In
implementing it I encounter a few issue which I would like to
document here.

I am working with a bunch of   RHEL 4  and RHEL 5  servers.  I
installed  the epel  RPM packages   for  EL4 and EL5.

I noticed that

#func   testserver   call rpms  inventory

returns a empty list. for both EL4 and EL5 servers.  After some
digging I found that the  inventory  function  in   rpms.py    is
commented out so it will never work.
Removing the comments did not help.

OK so I installed  func-0.25  on the overlord and minion with the
certmaster also updated  to 0.25.

Now I find that  RpmModule does not  load.

I checked  on the  rpms.py

line 56       mi = (ts.dbMatch() if pattern == '' else self.glob(pattern))

has a syntax  error.    On EL5   uses  python-2.4.  could this be the problem ?

I  commented out the entire verify  function  ( which has the
problematic  line of code )  and
now the rpms inventory  works very  nicely.

I notice another thing about the verify function.

I believe that  the RpmModule is suppose to provide the ability to
handle rpm function for systems that do
use yum  like  EL4.

So it is not appropriate for the verify function  in rpms.py   to use
the yum  module to verify the packages.

thats all

thks & rgds

Jimmy