Which architecture when using func with more than 1000 Servers

Hi all,

We plan to integrate func in our Server staging and management framework. The idea would be for example to send a ping command every 15 min. and check if every server is still up (will of course not replace monitoring tool ;-) ). As we would manage more than 1000 Servers, what is the best way to integrate func in the architecture? One overlord to rule them all or using delegation feature? I would say the second choice is certainly the better one with so many servers.

By the way, have you already any experience with using func with 1000 Servers and more?

Thanks for your feedback,