De : func-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:func-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Don Khan
Envoyé : jeudi 16 juillet 2009 18:09
À : func-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: New Ideas ?

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM, makkalot <makkalot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi ML,

We were thinking with alikins about what new can be added to func.It probably
will be better to ask users who use framework. So:

       -New module ideas
       -New feature ideas

are really welcome so we can make func a better framework. Thanks in advance
for your comments !

This might not be considered a new feature but I think that the memory footprint on x86_64 should be reduced. I have observed that the memory goes up to more than 100MB. The RSS does seem to hang around 16MB but still it seems quite large when compared to sshd which stays under 1MB RSS.

Te other thing I observed is that there seems to be case sensitivity of the hostname. For example if a minion registers with an uppercase hostname then I have to use the uppercase hostname to access the minion. I think that host names should be normalized or have some layer convert to the same case. I try to work around the behavior by making sure my hostnames are set to lowercase.

I currently use an older .24 version of func so maybe these things are resolved in newer versions.