Re: New Ideas ?

On 07/06/2009 04:50 PM, makkalot wrote:
Hi ML,

We were thinking with alikins about what new can be added to func.It probably
will be better to ask users who use framework. So:

	-New module ideas
	-New feature ideas

are really welcome so we can make func a better framework. Thanks in advance
for your comments !

What about strong integration with Cobbler Web to do things with systems that are registered in Func, and to register new Cobbler systems that are not? (i.e. this is what we're doing currently for the "deployment" feature in Cobbler 2.0, using Func as transport for basic virt machine operations). I could use some help on that for sure and would benefit both apps greatly, I think. This is something that I probably won't get around to doing well without some cross-functional efforts.

Sorry this is a bit of a idea hijack, but I think it would be great for both apps.

If we need to rename the Cobbler Web package for 2.0 and consolidate some of the ideas from FuncWeb into that project, we could actually do that, as I'm making Cobbler Web a seperate package now. Renaming it is fair game.

(If folks aren't interested, that's ok too)

I realize this is also leaning towards making another systems management web app, and how that *might not* be the most interesting thing in the world. However there is definitely power on building something like that on a couple of very small codebases.

https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/cobbler-devel/2009-April/000246.html

(We also need things like this to do really fast batch actions against groups of systems too, which Func is obviously very good at)

--Michael