Re: Delegation and async params feauture or bug ?

makkalot wrote:
Hi i was playing with facts framework to make it work with other command line options like --async and --delegation. In my previous post i show that they work with "facts" nicely but separated. I tried something like that :

[root@fedorabig func]# func "*" call --async --delegate service status httpd
Async error 2 0

And got Async error i thought it is an error of facts something i have broken. But after that i tried it with git version of certmaster and git version of func and result was same :
[root@fedorabig func]# func "*" call --async --delegate service status httpd
Async error 2 0

Both works good separated here :
[root@fedorabig func]# func "*" call --delegate service status httpd
{'laptop': 0, 'virtual': 3}

[root@fedorabig func]# func "*" call --async service status httpd
('laptop', 0)

Feature or bug ? Any ideas ...

I would suspect that async and delegation have never been tested together.

Since the purpose of delegation is mainly one of routing (and perhaps efficiency in the number of connections we have to open) and the function of async is to enable long running tasks that may timeout, IMHO it /does/ make sense that they should work together.

An example would be a delegated yum update, sent from a central server, to sub-overlords each running seperate datacenter facilities.

The yum update is a long running op so it would have to be async.

So yes, it's a bug.

--Michael