Re: Fwd: certmaster package

Marcus Vechiato wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marcus Vechiato <vechiato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Subject: Re:  certmaster package
To: Adrian LIkins <alikins@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Adrian LIkins <alikins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Marcus Vechiato wrote:
Hi

Could I split the certmaster package into certmaster-server and
certmaster-client ?

My point is.

The func client really needs the certmaster server binaries and confs
like certmaster-ca and /etc/certmaster/certmaster.conf
It's possible. I'm not a huge fan of the way the code is currently split up.

I've been tempted to merge them back into one package just to make
maintaining
it a little easier.

I suspect if we split certmaster package into two it will basically be:

certmaster: all the libs and modules and configs
certmaster-server: certmasterd and the initscripts

Or possibly:

certmaster-common: all the stuff certmaster/func share (aka, most of the
modules
certmaster-client: certmaster-ca
certmaster-server: certmaster-d, init scripts etc.

I can see how it would be useful, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra
trouble at this time.

Adrian

Adrian

I did the first option

certmaster-0.24-2.noarch.rpm
certmaster-server-0.24-2.noarch.rpm

Please check if it´s ok.

Looks good on first look. I'll probably wait till after 0.25 to split it, but the spec looks good (though it needs some merging to the git version of the spec, but I'll take care of that).

Adrian