Re: Module for func using augeas

Louis Coilliot wrote:
Hello,

I've (mostly) fixed it.

The patch is here:
http://func.pastebin.com/m2bd4d
Unified diff are usually a little easier to deal with, if possible ("diff -u" or just "git diff")

The modified/improved test script is here:
http://func.pastebin.com/m25900459

Modifications on the module:
- fix for trailing /
- new function=backup
(because in func+augeas we can't use /augeas/save; each action is a new
augeas instance)
- new function=getenv

Modifications on the test script:
- the tests are now 'chrooted' with AUGEAS_ROOT
(but you need to put something like export AUGEAS_ROOT='/tmp'
in /etc/init.d/funcd, I don't know yet of a better way to pass this
variable to func)
- new tests, in particular for extended paths
Not sure the best way to test it. Maybe the test scripts could just install some example config
files to /tmp and not have to set the an AUGEAS_ROOT at all?

Todo:
- fix for some extended path failures
- find a way to use /augeas/save in a persistent way
- ability to work on any single conf. file when it will be available in
Augeas
I merged and pushed the latest versions. I tested against latest upstream augeas and python-augeas, so
don't know how well it works against say, the F10 augeas.

Whats you'r thoughts on the module name? we could sub module it and make it config.augeas.*. or just augeas.*. Not sure myself, just augeus.* is short and namespace is probably fine, but it is a little obscure for someone looking for stuff to change config files if they didn't already know what augeas was. Though, they kind of need to know what augeas to really make much sense of the module, so maybe thats not that bad.

Adrian