Re: rhel3 spec file patches for func and certmaster FINAL

On 2009-01-21, Adrian LIkins <alikins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Swift wrote:
its just one of those days man... one of those days.

please ignore the last sets of e-mails.  attached to this e-mail are the patches for both the func and certmaster spec and version files, as well as a patch file for each package that is only called when rhel3 is in play.  I just tested these on f8, rhel3, and rhel5.  all 3 build.

sorry for the noise.

I pushed a modified version of this to git monday. The spec files are mostly what you changed, the main difference is
I got rid of the need for the patch that changes the python location.

That was mostly a) git rid of poundbang lines in files that didn't need them
                       b) let distutils take care of changing the python path for the files in the "scripts" section of setup.

awesome, didn't realize it did that, but makes perfect sense.

This seems to work, but I haven't tested it on that many platforms yet. It worked[1] to build/run with the compat-python25 packages on Fedora 10. It didn't seem to break the regular build case as well.

If you could try it on rhel3 with python23 and let me know if it works, that would be great.

still testing this.. makefile process isn't liking me still (as we are discussing on irc).  One note, the patch call in the %prep section needs to be removed now

[1] one minor problem building against the compat-python24  packages is that the buildrequire for python-devel is wrong, since it actually needs compat-python24-devel, but that seemed like an uncommon case to worry about. However, if somone has a good idea on how to make that work...

only suggestion i have is doing something similar to the conditional i have around python and pyOpenSSL-py23 for rhel3.

-greg