(from cobbler-list) idea about using Func to populate cobbler data

This is an idea (towards the bottom) about writing a tool to update cobbler details from Func.

Basically, install systems from the PXE menu, but get them fully cobbler managed with all their MAC addresses and other details (hostnames, etc) populated in Cobbler after a func-scan.

I may take this on as it would be another interesting way to link the two.

https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/cobbler/2008-October/001164.html

I also posted this earlier about setting up Func with Cobbler 1.3 (development branch) so we can include snippets in the stock kickstarts that ship with Cobbler that, if enabled, set up Func automatically without the user having to add those lines to the kickstart. The func overlord address is also configurable within cobbler settings.

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/FuncIntegration

--Michael