Re: Google Summer of Code is Finishing Up

Hi ML, sorry for the delay i was busy with result rendering part of the
funcweb :).
I think finally got some genralization that handles most (probably all :))
situations (result structures)that may come from minion methods (More about
that later).

These are the items that think i finished during GSOC2008: (may not be ordered
by timeline)

	-New layout : We have now a vertical layout which succesfully handles all the
data (huge amount) that comes from minions.

	-Funcweb Packaged : We have now a rpm package for funcweb. It is not perfect
but works :)

	-MultiCommand Support : We send multi commands to minions with glob we
specifiy (same as command line)

	-Minion Module Self Rendering : All of the methods that are in minion modules
are now rendered as web forms so, we can send commands freely. Also we dont
have to change anything in Funcweb code when add,change a new method,module
to minion side. All we have to do is override a simple method on minion side
to describe the args of the method we created.(You can check my previous
posts for detailed info)

	-Funcweb Asynced : The func async api is now reachable from Funcweb. We can
submit as much commands we want one after another without waiting previous
ones to finish.Therefore when we submit something like yum update we wont
have some weird timeout errors.

	-Async Notify : When submit some command to run you will be notified about
changes for that particular command. Dont have to poll yourself  :)

	-Async Table : We have a separate page for checking the async state results
(if you want to refresh every second and dont want to wait :))
of the current submitted commands.

	-Group API fixes and additions : Made some additions to groups api to be used
from funcweb like add,remove,list and etc. Also some glob fixes

	-Groups API on Funcweb : Exported the methods of goups api to Funcweb on a
separate page. Therefore you can create,remove your groups and add,remove
your minions from/to them by using the filter button. After that on main page
when search for @group_name you will be sending command to that group of
minions (cool :)).

	-Exported all minion modules on Funcweb (long and boring stuff)

	-Some async api changes : Adding more descriptive job_ids and other fixes.
Sorry for bugz in my patches about that part  :)

	-Smart result parser (**Very very NEW**): We have really huge amount of data
that comes from our minions. Therefore i believe we have now a good solution
for that part. I created a general way that gets the comming result and
converts it into a hash like tree and returns to client side as a JSON
object. After that all that data is shown as a tree structure. One of the
best exampes is to use hardware info method to test it.

These were the most important things that i remember :) Working with func team
was a great experince for me, thank you all. Func and Funcweb are open source
projects so i hope that my contribution will not end with gsoc2008. All bug
reports and new ideas are all welcome... :)

Note: When sending that post wasnt able to submit code into main repo (some
technical error probably) so all the up to date code is on my export_methods
branch on github.