Starting funcd when certmaster is down?

It's always kind of bugged me that if I have a valid certificate, and I start funcd when certmaster can NOT be contacted, that funcd fails.

I think there are a couple of ways to fix this. If the machine already has a cert from the configured certmaster, how about we have it not try to contact certmaster?

The scenario I want to deal with is if you have a lab full of machines and for some reason have to cycle the power on the lab. We don't really want to require that the machines have to start up in a sufficient order that certmaster on machine X is running before funcd on machine Y.

Later, we may have some need to talk to certmaster if there is going to be bi-directional communication from that central point, but right now, it's unidirectional and func is daemonless -- so I don't think it should have to talk to certmaster if funcd doesn't think it needs to talk to certmaster.

Thoughts?

--Michael