Re: System Module_List

Marco Mornati wrote:
Hi,

If I call System module_list with func what is the result?

The list of modules installed on that system.

The list of module installed and working on a client (so the result is really what I can call using func on that client) or is a "static" list of all modules presents in func folder but I don't know, without calling a specific module, if it works or not?

Agreed.

We've also talked about the need of a module to perhaps report it's version, and we can likely extend Denis Kurov's patch to add that to the method/module info that is now queryable (this hasn't been merged into master just yet).

For example a lib_virt module works only if I've a lib_virt installed on my machine; so it's always installed but works only in specific situation...

In those situations, we could perhaps implement a "supported()" method or equivalent, to ensure that everything is set up and ready to go -- but with virt, it's actually more complex. Depending on what type of virt calls you make there are different requirements, so you would also have to pass in, at minimum, the type of virtualization you would want to use. Since the virt creation code calls koan, and koan already has some of that code in there, it makes a bit of sense making the code in koan more modular so Func can call it as a library. If only I knew the koan author and maintainer :)

Thanks
Marco