Re: Symbolic a new func front-end

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 10:44 -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:

> Quick question... Do I have to install an application server to run
> this? I thought the purpose of grails was to be rails like?

yes, but grails have an application server (jetty) shipped inside...we
provide also a war to use your own application server  (right now it has
been tested only on jboss)..

> If I do need one, you might want to add the instructions for installing
> and setting up the app server as part of your
> http://opensymbolic.org/documentation.html that includes instructions
> for app servers that are part of Fedora. Right now it assumes the user
> is familiar with that.

yes, you right,

> Anyhow, I have the RPM installed, but got stuck there.

service symbolic start

this command seems fast (we have to fix it) but you can see log by
watching inside /var/log/symbolic.log  (I suggest you a tail -f )

> Ideally, for an Apache friendly web app, I'd expect the RPM to require
> what it needs and drop a config file into /etc/httpd/conf.d
> and be working "out of the box".

yes, with my instruction it should work out of the box... unless there
are bugs :)

Luca

PS: greetings from Berlin :)
--
Today is Pungenday, the 2nd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3174

VICARIOUSLY experience some reason to LIVE!!