Re: jboss module controller

Luca Foppiano wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 12:47 -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:

Take a look at what modules are available now, and if you need more functionality added to them, feel free to submit patches for those.

I wrote my first version of jboss module. \o/
this module represent client-side all stuff I write on sample test some
day ago.

ATM this module allow user to launch:
 - status() : give information about running istances
 - check() : perform some basic tests (ATM it checks only up istances
which don't listen on any ports)
 - search_by_istance(), search_by_address, search_by_port(): give
information about particular istance name, port and address (now are
three differents searches...it will be more useful if is possible to
combine searches)

Basically I use sub_process.Popen to launch netstat and ps ax. Is this
the right solution?

As Adrian pointed out on IRC, there's not a clean way to call Func modules from other modules, but you may want to try importing them to see if you can work. Look at process.py and networktest.py. This would allow code reuse of what is available there. You may have to play around with the import paths (import func.minion.modules.process ?) to get that to work. If you were writing this as a script that just used the Func API (like the failed-drive detector in the source checkout, func-inventory, and so forth) -- I believe you were originally doing this, then you could just use the Process and Network Test modules directly as they are now written.

I definitely think we do need to make it easier for the API to call between modules.

Now I'm working now on start() and stop() methods.
If you have ideas about some stuff to be added or error...tell me ;-)

Not a JBoss guy, so I can't say, but I like your idea very much.

bye
Luca