Re: Func CopyFile Module

Henry Kemp wrote:
That's a kind offer! My python scripting is pretty much non-existent so
I would probably cause more collateral damage than I fixed! I'm going to
have a look through a python book over the weekend for some ideas but if
we can get this down in the roadmap for future releases that would be great.

No problem :)

Anyone else on list is welcome to field this if they are interested, if not, I agree this would be highly useful and we'll get to it shortly.
--Michael

Rgds,

Henry

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Henry Kemp wrote:
Hi - I'm just starting to explore Func and I'm seeing something a bit
strange with the CopyFile module.

I'm running Func on a couple of Centos 5.1 (2.6.18) with Func 0.17.

I've transfered a small file (eg. /etc/hosts to /tmp/hosts on target
minion) and that works ok but when I try to transfer a larger file (eg.
c170MB) memory/CPU utilization goes towards 100% for a few seconds
before going back to normal and the command then seems to hang
interminably.
Looking at the implementation, it looks like it would be bad for large
file transfer.

Interested in working on that?  :)

Ideally it would include a client side module and make several smaller
write calls to avoid timeouts, possibly
using the async API, though that may not be neccessary.

Looking at the audit.log on the minion the small file is logged as a
success but the large file doesn't even seem to make it to the minion.

I'm assuming its doing a checksum before transferring the file from what
I can see of the documentation and a quick look at copyfile.py.

Am I doing something wrong by trying to transfer a file of this size
through func?

Rgds,

Henry