Re: is it feature or problem

though the error handling could be a bit more user friendly (not sure if I've fixed that upstream yet or not ... probably not, as we are waiting to split certmaster off into a seperate project prior to making a lot of changes to it). One thing that lessons the need for polling is that funcd does not need to contact the certmaster if it already has it's certificates, so this basically assumes that you have certmaster running when you are installing func on your minions -- which isn't too bad.

ok acceptable, doing a delayed request in loop doesn't harm .

As we are currently splitting out the certmaster logic from Func, one of the things I intend to add are a few options to the requester module to allow for control over the poll loop. That will be contained in /usr/bin/certmaster request and should probably also be configurable in Func.

No ETA on that, as we first have to get certmaster into Fedora and the next version of Func released. Afterwords, yes, that is one of the installation related topics that should be addressed. As always, patches welcome :)

--Michael