Re: Func article in Red Hat Magazine

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/02/21/open-source-project-func-the-fedora-unified-network-controller/

 Expect more mailing list traffic now :)

Can I get it to work on my Solaris and AIX 5.1 systems? And when can I
get RHEL-2/3 support?

Ok sorry I am reporting to my mandatory Ludovico treatment which will
tell me to start figuring out how to make patches.

Ha :)

On a serious note, EL 2/3 is probably out. We had to pick a line somewhere between having features do to stuff usefully and make our lives easy, and also to support a large amount of older systems.

We do have people who have gotten things working on Debian, BSD, OpenSuSE, and Arch Linux.... not all of those include full packaging AFAIK. There's been talk about possibly doing Windows (yuck! :)). But in all cases, i think the version of Python (x>=2.3) is going to be the limiting factor.

If there is more information available on those above other distro projects/efforts, please update me so I can add them to the Wiki.

--Michael