Plans for 0.18 release

The question came up on IRC when is 0.18 coming out, and what's going to be in it.

Given splitting off certmaster into a subproject is a fair amount of work, that's the main and only new feature I think we really need for 0.18. Admittedly I think we've all been sidetracked with other projects so I want to concentrate on Func for a while and get this together.

0.18 will also include the fix already applied to make "list_minions" work in func, and a few other assorted items.

If we happen to get new things done in FuncWeb, or add some new modules along the way (or fixes/improvements to existing modules) those will also be incorporated.

I would suspect we'd be shooting for 0.18 (and a corresponding certmaster release) in a couple of weeks?

I also think I want to add in a "func check" command (like cobbler's check) if you are familiar with that, that will try to determine if you have things configured correctly. It is basically just an RTFM validator but can hopefully intercept some questions from folks who do not have certmaster running, have iptables misconfigured, and so forth. For instance, I think it would be nice to be able to do "func check --minion" and it could tell you that you couldn't contact the certmaster, that
funcd wasn't running, or that your hostnames seemed very odd, etc.

Comments welcome...

--Michael