Planning for the system-config-* idea

So one of the ideas we've had for Func is extending FuncWeb to do system-config-* like tasks, since it seems ideally suited to the purpose.

I've written up some stuff on the subject here:

https://fedorahosted.org/func/wiki/SystemConfigIdea
see also https://fedorahosted.org/func/wiki/FuncWebNotes

I think the main areas of work right now on Func should be:
(a) getting the webapp polished up and packaged, since it's shiny and will make people (and a different class of users, even) want to use more of Func (b) finishing the certmaster split so we can get more applications to use that infrastructure (and the more apps that use that infrastructure, the easier it is to deploy funcd).

Are there any features you would like to see in that kind of web app?

Comments about things you don't like in existing webapps are welcome too -- we do want to start small though, system-config seems like a good start. We're not trying to replicate anything (IMHO) crazy strange like Webmin's Apache module. Those are places where config management is good to have, but if you just have a handful of systems, it's nice to have alternatives -- especially if you just want to look at something on a remote box or run something quick. It should also made clear we're not looking to increase dependency bloat by adding a lot of stuff --

Func has a good amount of cross-distro interest too, so we will try to not do anything too RH centric. Where we do make that mistake it will most likely be at the Func module level, so patches to make things more portable at that level are always welcome.

--Michael