FudCON summary (plus info on lots of new cool stuff in the git tree and coming soon)

Wow,

Great FudCON.

Adrian gave the Func talk Saturday, which drew a very nice crowd, and thanks to everyone that made it.

Not counting the various discussions outside of it as well, HackFest was also productive:

-- Ideas and planning for a TurboGears-based web equivalent of system-config-* apps (and more) using Func, we're calling this FuncWeb but maybe it should be called "Dragicorn" because, it may very well be that awesome. Multi-system super-scalable asynchronous ajaxified webmin slayer, even. -- New modueles for ps_mem, networking testing, and I forget what else -- A patch to make the Client module throw exceptions if you're using the API and prefer that to return codes -- Asynchronous command dispatch is about 3/4 done, should finish up early next week -- Funcd is now threaded so multiple func cli's/client/API handles can call multiple commands at the same time (very cool)
-- added some tests
-- fixed up some functions here and there.

We still have lots of other ideas on the FuncIdeas page to do as well, so that's great. If anyone on the list is interested in hacking
on those, that would be /awesome/.

Particularly I do want to see the list of modules evolve more, and to get better docs together.

We didn't get around at implementing minion-to-minion, but that is obviously a priority also. Finally, we also still need to fix the yum logging bug in some versions of yum, and do know how to do that... hopefully next week for that.

Thanks Everyone! I am really excited about the potential for Func now, very glad to see all the interest, and we have some great
places to take the app.   Watch this space :)

--Michael