[Fedora Women] Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora seeks women developers

On Aug 1, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Rahul wrote:

Hi

A rather narrow interpretation and IMO misleading opinion on what the
project aims. We are trying to bring out the already existing community
to encourage the awareness and the community is not limited to
developers or coders at all. Patrick, you might want to send a response
back.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/developer/0,39020387,39280223,00.htm

We leave ourselves open to misinterpretation when we launch a project with
vague goals, and then announce it to the world.

Still, I'm of the mind that any press is good press.  Now we need to
figure out how to capitalize on it.

Having an actual *woman* speaking on behalf of Fedora Women might be a
good start, in fact.  And if we can't find a woman who's willing to do
it... well, that indicates another problem, doesn't it?

I would be willing to do it, who should I talk to?

Should we discuss this on the fedora-women-list; maybe some of the other women on the list would be like to say something in response as well?

~m