Re: [Fedora Women] Introduction

Karlie Robinson wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
and am somewhat involved in Linuxchix . I
agree with Jeanette and think we should try to strategize how to get more women involved!

Personally, I had a very cold reception from the chix last year.

We were opening up our Developers Portal [1] and asked if we could be listed in their "contributing to Linux" [2] (FYI it took us 10 months of sales to top $3000 for our developers including PCLinux and Knoppix, GoblinX, and on and on)

The person who responded to my emails left me feeling very put off and I didn't bother going back.

Yeh, I say 'somewhat involved' because I've tried to help and to contribute but I usually end up getting involved in long, drawn-out, pointless flame wars. :) It is somewhat disorganized though, but the right person to talk to probably would have been Mary, and I'm guessing based on your description she is *not* the one you talked to. :)

Anyway sorry to hear you had a bad experience. :(

~m