Re: [Fedora Women] Introduction

Hey, I'm Máirín Duffy; I'm a Fedora Core 5 user and I first started using Linux when I was in high school with Red Hat 5.1. One of my major goals is to make computers easier for people to use, thus I'm an interaction designer with Red Hat. I work on Red Hat Network. [1] I also contribute to GNOME and Fedora with some interaction design and graphic design [2] in my free time. I'm pretty heavily involved with the Fedora Art Team [3] these days.

I am also very interested in helping more women get involved in computers in general, although more women specifically in open source would be fabulous. ;-) To this end, I co-founded the GNOME Women group [4] with Hanna Wallach and am somewhat involved in Linuxchix [5]. I agree with Jeanette and think we should try to strategize how to get more women involved!

~m

[1] http://rhn.redhat.com/
[2] http://pookstar.deviantart.com/
[3] http://http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork