[Fedora-women-list] What can the Fedora Women program do for you?

Now that this new program has been announced and the mailing list has gathered
a few members, it's time to kick off some discussion.

First, I'll introduce myself and the reasons I'm here.  (I invite each of you
to do the same.)

My name is Patrick W. Barnes, and I'm a community contributor to the Fedora
Project.  I've been working with the project since 2004.  I've got a larger
profile on the Fedora Project wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PatrickBarnes

I handle many of the mailing lists and IRC channels, I'm one of the primary
editors of the wiki, and I work with Fedora's infrastructure.  After I heard
that there was some interest in a program like this, I picked up the torch in
getting the infrastructure for it set up and making the world aware of the
program.  I will continue to handle the infrastructure needs of this program,
and will be happy to assist wherever else I can.  I will handle many of the
management duties until some of the members of the program are ready to take
over.  If you have any questions about me or my involvement in this program,
don't hesitate to ask.

To the subject of this message, I'd like to know what each of you feels that
this program can do to benefit the women in the Fedora Community.  I'd also
like to hear how you vision this program working and what you see it
providing.  This program is here for you, and you can decide what it will do
and where it will go.  The Fedora Project will pledge its support in every
way possible.

I plan to further advertise the existence of this program in the near future,
so you can count on more members showing up soon.  As the size of the program
grows, the group can take on specific tasks and could begin holding meetings.
In the meantime, if there's something you'd like to see happen, you don't
need to wait or get approval.  You can get started immediately and let the
community do what it will with your work.  If you need anything, let me know.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx

http://www.n-man.com/