Planning meeting for Websites & Apps Team reboot

We have a number of people interested in rebooting the Websites team, and
taking ownership of some of the webapps that help the Fedora community
function. (This started around working on Møte, the meeting-log site, but
has grown from there.)

At a meeting today, we decided that this team will officially be the
Websites and Apps Team, revitalizing the existing but mostly dormant
Websites Team and expanding the scope so it's clear that apps are included
rather than just static content.

We are exploring the idea of a Fedora Council Objective to support the
successful launch of this team. As a first step, we're going to have a
planning meeting to talk about goals and outcomes, and work back from there.
This will be a Jitsi video meeting (channel to be announced), and it'll be
from 14:00-15:30 UTC a week from now (Friday, March 19th).

All who are interested are invited. As "homework", I'd like to ask you to
bring ideas for a mission statement for the team and a vision for what a
12-18 month objective would accomplish. We'll start from there and work down
to specifics.

(Note also: if you'd like to be involved but are more interested in concrete
actions than high-level planning, that's cool too... you may be more
interested in future meetings!)

I personally see three goals for the initiative:

* First and simply, we need a more active websites team, and many of our
  apps (møte, fedocal, badges, elections, ...) could _really_ use some love.

* Second, we often have new folks showing up in Fedora Design who want to
  help with coding projects. We don't have a good place to point them.
  Often, we end up saying "well, you could package stuff?", or point people
  at the wall of 'easyfix' bugs with no real guidance. This team can be that
  landing spot.

* And third and at not least, we've got a lot of energy and enthusiasm from
  some relatively new folks (hi, Akashdeep and Ramya!) who didn't let the
  above stop them. I want to make sure they feel empowered to help with the
  things they're interested in, and get the full support of the project in
  doing so.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>