Re: Where are the sources for the spins websites located?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 1:53 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 02:10:35AM -0000, Carson Black wrote:
> > Does anyone here know where the sources for spins.fedoraproject.org are?
> > I've been searching through pagure.io/fedora-web, github.com/fedora-infra,
> > and other places I would expect to find the sources for them, but I've
> > been unable to locate them. I'm interested in making the whole thing look
> > less dated (e.g. the KDE spin page is displaying a years-old screenshot
> > and displays decade-old icons.)
>
> Awesome -- thanks for your interest! Mo can help with the process of design
> and updating the general look. I don't think it'd hurt to refresh the basic
> things you are pointing out in the meantime, too.
>
> Also, do note that the main "getfedora" website got ported to a new system,
> while the spins and labs websites are still using the old one. Since we are
> planning on an overall redesign, it's probably not worth too much effort in
> porting them.

Just to elaborate here: We have an Outreachy intern chosen who will
soon begin work on porting these "non-getfedora" sites to the new
system, with the idea that these subdomain sites (alt.fp.o, arm.fp.o,
etc.) will just become pages of getfedora.org, and getfedora.org will
be the single, canonical place to "get fedora" - which will be less
confusing for everyone. What I think Matthew is trying to say (correct
me if I'm wrong) is: Let's wait until they are ported to the new
system and see how they look before we make any sweeping design
decisions because how they will look under getfedora.org is
significantly different than how they look today. After they are
ported, there will probably be some work left to do to pretty them up.

Rick