New contributor self introduction - Mikael Granberg

Hello!

My name is Mikael and I've just signed up for a Fedora account to be able to contribute to the Fedora Websites Project for starters.

About myself
I'm a middle aged father of two beautiful kids. I live in the southern parts of Sweden. Computers is my life. I've got my first computer in 1982 when I was seven years old. It was a Commodore 64 with a tape station. My first programming experience was in C64 Basic. My first favorite computer game was Miner 2049'er. Besides my interest in computers I like to cook and spend time with my family and kids. I also read (eBooks or audio-books) a lot. Right now I'm reading Factfullnes by Dr Hans Rosling.

My skills
Software Programming - I know a lot of different programming languages, but my strength lies within ADA, Pascal, Java, Microsoft c# and Visual Basic.

Web development - I also know a lot of different web development languages and systems. I started out with HTML, Lotus Script and Lotus Domino Web server many years ago. But today my strengths lay within PHP, HTML, _javascript_, AJAX, XSLT, JSON, etc. I also know a lot about web server operations on both Linux and Windows. In my professional life I have been working with both Apache and IIS.

Databases - I have came across a lot of databases during my life. Within my professional life I have been working with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SAP Basis, SAP HANA and Oracle databases.

Operations - In my professional life I have been working both as a software engineer but also as an operations engineer. So I know a bit about both worlds and the many, so hard to solve struggles between "the software developer" and "the server operator". I'm familiar with both Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, and a lot of other Linux flavors. I am also very experienced on the Microsoft platforms.

Everything else - I'm very skilled when it comes to translating content between English and Swedish. I have written a lot of support articles for basically everything between how to connect your modem to a telephone line and how to write surveillance scripts in Nagios. I like to write technical articles.

That's the short version of me. Thank you all for your time.

Kind regards, Mikael Granberg