Re: Introduction: JD Wilson

Hi!

I also have joined Fedora Project recently. As a fellow new community member I would like to welcome you!
Being open source enthusiast I mainly used Debian/Ubuntu for over 12 years and always felt a bit guilty not contributing to the Linux popularization. Mostly it was that running "Debian Testing" didn't really fit into my workflow. Also since at least a few years ago their system had some artificial hurdles that kept me from contributing but I heard that it's been changing fast and I still have great respect for the Deb camp.

I've been using Fedora for a couple of years on one machine without  actually realizing how powerful the system was and how friction free and encouraging the community was to get the new people to share and contribute.

----

> I would like to contribute to the Fedora website development. Something I
> immediately noticed while creating my account was the outdated look and
> feel of the Fedora admin page (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/). I think
> there are a lot of easy fixes to make that section of the site look more
> modern, and to make the pages mobile-first. I'm assuming this area has
> higher access rights since I did not get the code to it when following
> these instructions (
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_fix_bugs_on_the_Fedora_Project_website).
> I also realize that a redesign of the site like that would require
> collaboration with the more senior members and would not be a
> solo-decision. It's just something that I thought would be a fun area to
> start contributing!

As I understand and I might be wrong, but you would need to go through infra-teams on-boarding process
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

My guess is that you should talk to them in IRC and mailing lists to be a part of this.

Then maybe you could submit an issue or find anyone else who might be working on it:
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues

It's great to see such experienced developers like you joining Fedora community!

Cheers!
//ojn