Issue #756: Idea for consideration: Redirect front page of fedoraproject.org to new overview docs

mattdm added a new comment to an issue you are following:
``
> I see docs.fp.o still a website with a lot of work in progress (links changed, CSS has to be fixed, the website is only partially mobile-friendly, no responsive tags for images, etc)

There's definitely room for improvement.

I'm not sure I understand. I'm suggesting redirecting to https://docs.fedoraproject.org/fedora-project/project/fedora-overview.html. The Council docs are findable on the left, but under a different section, starting with https://docs.fedoraproject.org/fedora-project/council/charter.html

> Btw, can anyone tell me why the images on the docs pages have soooooooo long paths?

For whatever reason, asciibinder turns images into inline data. We'd have to ask the asciibinder authors about that.

> @duffy no, it seems it is using :
> <!-- Bootstrap -->
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.5/css/bootstrap.min.css";>
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.5/css/bootstrap-theme.min.css";>

This comes from upstream asciibinder. I tried dropping in the Fedora bootstrap fork, but it caused a lot of problems (images misaligned, the whole thing being undifferentiated gray, etc.). @bex is talking to @ryanlerch about possibly using Fedora's bootstrap instead of the upstream one, but there would need to be some tweaks.
``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/fedora-websites/issue/756