Suggestion I would like to be considered.

Hello. My name is Ahmed Nasir from the United Arab Emirates. And I have been using Fedora for years now and I love it. I got some suggestions I would like to see.

  1. Fedora Planet Translation: People blog about what they are doing and I love the innovative ideas. But it is not helpful if it is not in English, I am asking if it is possible to add automatic translation features for the people who needs.
  2. Fedora Planet: YouTube video link to new projects.
  3. Social Media: Accounts on the social media that link the user with the developers.
  4. Enriching the site: The site design is good, but I think more en-richness can be done. Please have a look throw https://atom.io/https://www.opensuse.org/ . There are a lot of technologies out there like _javascript_ & RethinkDB etc that can make the site look amazing. (I wish the I knew how to develop this so I can contribute, but oh well).
  5. Changing Fedora version number: From Fedora 26 to Fedora 17.6 or N17.6 (the N17.6. The N is for normal release, 17 for the year and 6 the release month).
  6. Linking to fedoraforum on the getfedora site, to help who is new to fedora.
  7. The relation between Fedora & CentOS: I don't know the rules or the regulations behind this. But I always consider Fedora & CentOS are perfect together :-
    1. I want to see Fedora Planet have project combining both Fedora & CentOS. Maybe having a link for Fedora Planet site in CentOS website can help to make the site more innovative.
    2. Maybe this is not possible but changing the CentOS name and have two editions of Fedora, normal release the happens every 6 months and the Long time release (ex. from CentOS 8 to Fedora S8 LTS. I mean by S8 which is Stable + version number, LTS = long time release).

This is what I have in mind so far. I will provide more when I have something.

Ahmed

Thanks,