Re: Feedback on the new website

Hi Oliver,

On 12/10/2014 11:32 AM, Oliver Propst wrote:
Just noticed that fedora have just launched a new website [1], must
say I like the more simplistic theme (guess it will be much easier to
get maintain) also its great that its very straight forward to access
the download page.

I'm glad you like it.

It feels very much like workstation page target engineers/developers
and not the advantage user, have fedora given up that market?

That's a question for the workstation working group - we designed the sites based on guidance from the individual working groups. The information about how to contact that group should be here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation

Some of the pictures on that page are not very nice.

*The picture of the person who gives a quote is unsharp and the person
looks very stereotypical of how you expect a developer to look like
(nothing against that person).

What do you mean by unsharp?

Why would we use pictures of people who didn't look like developers to represent developers? We take pictures of real people who really use Fedora, not models. I don't see many models coding. It would be disingenuous at best to use a photo of a model.

*One of a pictures feature a person typing on a computer with a very
dirty screen, think this ruins the pictures as it really takes focus
from an otherwise beautiful picture and gives overall a bad impression
of the page and to some degree fedora.

If that's all it takes to leave a bad impression... wow. We can consider tweaking the image but I absolutely disagree with the level of importance here.

~m