Re: Action Plan towards F21 final release

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 05:06:52PM +0200, Robert Mayr wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've set up a new directory in our websites repository where I started
> writing the new pages. We could probably work also on master branch
> but to be on the safe side I decided to create a new branch from
> master - I called it 'getfedora'.
> Once we are near to release date we can freeze fedoraproject.org and
> prepare the redirects and infra scripts for the new domain. After F21
> will be released we could also split that directory out into a new
> repository (keeping also the other sites such as spins, start, fudcon
> and fcomm...).
>
> Within the new branch you will find a getfedora/ directory with the
> content we have actually, it's already cleaned up of all the stuff we
> don't need anymore and builds locally with the same procedure as all
> the other sites. The directory also is already working with transifex
> where Translators will see a new resource, getfedora.org. We need to
> comunicate that to L10n once we open that resource for translations
> (it's actually closed).
>
> It would be the best, once we need only to code details of the new
> pages, to continue on a new trac ticket instead of the ML. In the
> meanwhile all the suggestions or ideas will be collected here.
>
> Thanks, have a nice weekend.

Hi Robert,

I know there is not a huge amount of time left before F21 GA and that
it's important to you to get changes made.  I wanted to thank you for
being willing to roll up sleeves and work on making the new site a
reality!  I asked Ricky Elrod to get in touch with you and the rest of
the team and assist you with any of the implementation as you see
fit.  Hopefully an extra pair of hands will help!