Re: Maybe it's time to say goodbye to start.fedoraproject.org?

Máirín,

To clarify, I really liked your design, but I was just a little unsure whether the centre magazine widget really applies to the end user. I misread Fedora magazine for Fedora planet. Fmag is a good source :)

Thanks,

On Aug 27, 2014 2:21 PM, "Bill Nottingham" <notting@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Máirín Duffy (duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> On 08/26/2014 04:17 PM, Elad Alfassa wrote:
> >Mo is actually working on some mockups for a redesign right now, after
> >a short discussion we had about this on IRC.
> >We are making some progress. If it doesn't work well we could have
> >Fedora Magazine as the default homepage.
>
> Here is what we have right now:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/TJeZmYB.png
>
> (will have it in the github repo soon; I forgot my github password and it
> locked me out for a while :( )
>
> If you wanna discuss feel free to pop into #fedora-websites *right now* :)
> Me and elad and robyduck are talking through it.

While I like the idea of focusing on more end-user focused content from the
magazine, having it be:

Docs | Help | Magazine

 Content from magazine!

Magazine!  | Contribute

verges a little towards overkill to me; perhaps remove one or both of the
magazine links in the top/bottom bar? The 'Read more at fedoramagazine.org'
could be moved into the center content section.

Also, I assume it's a stock footer, but I wonder whether the 'content
license' still holds if we're pulling the center content from the magazine.

Bill