Introduction Phillip T. George

(This e-mail was originally sent to the infrastructures list, but a few tweaks have been made to express what I am interested in)

Hey everybody.  I'm looking to join the Fedora project to give something
back to the community.  I've been a Linux user for quite awhile, and
Linux has been a big part of a career.

Previous to my current role I was a Linux sysadmin/engineer for a couple
of years.  My client's environment is made up RHEL (75%), Solaris (<5%),
and Windows (~20%).  The total server count is around 5-6K -- that does
include some virtuals, but it is primarily physicals.  I definitely work
for a large corporation, but I'm not here to represent them in any way
at this point in time.  I have been using Linux distros for nearly 20
years (probably since around 1997).

My current role involves automation of existing processes and tools.
Its a lot of trying to introduce people to common scripting practices as
well as making systems communicate that previously did not (often
through an orchestration engine).

I have a lot of skills/knowledge/experiences, some significant, some not
so much.
Programming/scripting: PHP (w/ MySQL), JS, HTML, CSS, jQuery (mostly for
UI), bash, C/C++, Java, Objective C, Perl
OSes: Fedora, RHEL, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat (pre-enterprise),
Windows (server 2008, server 2003, 8, 7, XP, and older OSes)

Projects:
1. Fedora customized build for Linux sysadmins/engineers at work (now
its a retrofit script)
2. PHP-based front-end for a change management tool -- uses an
orchestration engine to do the work, though all of the orchestration
steps had to be created (SOAP based in this case, though there were some
pre-fabricated operations that helped with this a bit)
3. PHP-based server build/configuration tool -- just for Linux but
planning on using it for other OSes eventually.  Has multiple
levels/objects you can configure: Server, Profile (multiple), OS (w/
hierarchy), and Site/Location
4. PHP-based report/data customized viewer -- a perl script imports a
massive CSV to allow updating of the data without having to push around
CSV/spreadsheet files
5. iPhone note sharing app
6. Lots of miscellaneous partially finished projects -- mostly game
development projects

Unfortunately these projects are not open source, so I cannot share them
with you.  Though the iPhone note sharing app is not open source, I have
full rights to it, though I doubt anyone here is interested in that :)

Obviously I have many interests.  The best summary of my interests would
be: computer-based technology.  A more focused summary would be: Linux
and programming.

Today, I am interesting in doing some sysadmin/engineer and possibly web
development work.  Tomorrow (figuratively speaking), it may be more than that.
I'm willing to provide up to 5 hours a week of my time.  For now, I'd like
to join the "sysadmin-web" FIG.

IRC: lanica

-Phillip