Re: Suggestions (was Re: Fedora project wiki)

Hey Javier, can you help us out too? What timezone are you in? Are you open to a chat?

Sent from my phone, which is not an iphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: Robert Mayr
Date:11/21/2013 4:28 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Máirín Duffy
Cc: websites@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,Javier Garcia
Subject: Re: Suggestions (was Re: Fedora project wiki)

2013/11/20 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi websites folks,
>
> Sorry for the top-post, it seemed to make more sense to post this
> particular thing this way.
>
> What do you think about Javier's suggestions below?
>
> - I agree with the search box on the wiki being hard to find. It should
> be pretty simple to move it up in the template. I don't have enough
> space on my hard disk right now to clone the websites repo, but if I
> moved a few things around and made room and came up with a patch would
> you folks accept it?

Yes Máirín I agree too, there are also other things we can do to
improve the wiki's homepage.
The templates aren't on the websites repo, but we have more than one
wiki admin here who could look at it.

> - I think the apps are also hard to find but I think that's going to be
> a more involved project. apps.fedoraproject.org is great for exploring
> all of them, but we may want to pull out a few (end-user focused I
> think, not developer-focus) to have more direct links on www.fpo. Does
> anybody have interest in pursuing this?

Yeah, that would be very nice. There are also other sites (apps) which
are developing fast and are very nice.
Badges, fedocal, nuancier and apps are only a few of them (more
community oriented). Perhaps we could think about including them when
starting this project.

> Thanks,
> ~m

Manpower would be appreciated here :)