Finding what packages (all) are available?

Hi

I used the fedora website today and found it difficult to locate the
info I wanted, so am reporting here in case it is useful for designers.

My use of "Suggestion" here, is just a tag for clarity. I hope it
sounds polite.

My use case is someone with only a web-browser trying to answer this
question:
Before I choose to install Fedora, what packages (all) are available?

This seems a reasonable and essential question for a package-based
distribution. Here is my experience searching for the answer.

I followed these links in this order:
http://fedoraproject.org/en/
  http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-help
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ
      http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs

Answer not found yet. Apparently this is not a FAQ.

Backtrack and follow links again:
http://fedoraproject.org/en/
  http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-help
    irc://irc.freenode.org/#fedora
      #fedora/topic links to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Channel_FAQ

That page says: "Please use the packages Fedora provides".
If only it linked to what they are!

So I still wonder where to discover that, and continue. I ask on
IRC #fedora, they suggest here:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/list/a*

Hooray! This answers my question.

Suggestion #1: This Q&A could be in the FAQ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ

Suggestion #2: "Please use the packages Fedora provides" could link there.

So that could be the end of this report, but there's more if you want
it, because IRC #fedora also mention this page:
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/

A good-looking and useful page.

Suggestion #3: That page could be discoverable somehow from
http://fedoraproject.org/en/

So I tried to answer my question from there. I selected "Packages".
Clicking of the resulting large "Packages", did nothing ... eventually
due to the odd layout I noticed to click the "Check it out" button.
That could be clearer if it was underneath.

Suggestion #4: The "Check it out" script could be run by clicking on
large "Packages".

The "Check it out button" took me to:
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/

To any user except one who wants to enter one known name of a package
into a search box, the design of that page is *brutal*.

Suggestion #5: A "Browse all packages" button there could link to the
answer to my question.

Suggestion #6: The footer links there are weird, especially the ones
for RHEL.