[fedora-websites] #149: Please add a "verify your media" message on the download page before "what should I do with this ISO?"

#149: Please add a "verify your media" message on the download page before "what
should I do with this ISO?"
-------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  ankursinha   |       Owner:  webmaster
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Blocking:               |
-------------------------+------------------------
 Hi,

 I just downloaded the fedora 18 beta dvd from https://fedoraproject.org
 /get-prerelease just now. The page does contain a verify link. However,
 this is easy to miss (I didn't see it in the first go either).

 Would it not be better to add the "Verify your ISO" step to the download
 page that comes after you click the link (ex: https://fedoraproject.org
 /download-
 splash?file=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/18-Beta/Fedora/x86_64/iso/Fedora-18
 -Beta-x86_64-DVD.iso) since this page does have the "What should I do with
 this ISO?" panda?

 Logically:

 Download page <click>  verify <click> burn etc

 Currently, we have something on the lines of

 "After downloading, verify your iso!" (on the download page) <click to
 download> iso page <click> burn

 I was going to suggest that the "Not to worry, just follow along with our
 step-by-step instructions." statement be linked to a page in the fedora
 docs that's on "verify your media", but I fail to find this currently
 (which is weird in itself).

 I guess this would work:

 {{{
 What should I do with this ISO file?

 An Iso file is an image of a disk. You'll need to burn it to a blank CD or
 DVD in order to use it.

 Not to worry, verify your download [link to verify page that opens in a
 new window] and then just follow along with our step-by-step instructions
 [link to making media page].

 }}}

 Basically, I'd like users to be pointed to the verify page after they've
 clicked on the iso link. If the shasum of the iso could be displayed on
 the iso download page (with an additional link to the verify page for
 advanced users), it would be even nicer (since download managers do allow
 you to verify checksums mostly).

 Thanks :)
 Ankur

--