Re: An Introduction to Me

Le 9 sept. 2012 06:36, "Jonathan" <jonathan.george@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 15:30 +0200, Kévin Raymond wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Jonathan <jonathan.george@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hello Fedora,
> > >
> > > My name is Jonathan George. I'm currently a student at Northwest
> > > Technical Institute (NTI) in Northwest Arkansas. I have over 6 years of
> > > experience in web programming, including HTML, CSS, _javascript_ and some
> > > PHP. I'm a long time Linux user, but not fedora. The Linux distros I've
> > > used on a regular basis tend to be command line interfaces.
> > >
> > > I'm excited to get to contribute for the Fedora Websites Project! I
> > > cannot wait to see what needs to be done.
> > >
> > > Jonathan
> >
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > Welcome!
> > I have seen your patch, that I will be able to review soon hopefully
> > (next week), if you don't get any other answer.
> > As you have already written a patch, I think you already found the
> > usefull wiki pages and cloned our repository.
> >
> > If you have any other questions, please ask!
> > You can also join us on irc/freenode at #fedora-websites
> > We don't use PHP, only Python, but you can get familiar with it really quickly.
> >

> > Thanks, speak later
> >

> Hey Kevin, I do have one question. At what point, if ever, can I join
> the websites group?
>
> Jonathan

Hi, you've already joined us by registering here :-)
However you can certainly start by joining the websites group in the Fedora Account System which will just send you the commit messages or building errors.

The next step needs sponsoring in order to give git push access. It could be fast if you give us interesting patches.
But in all cases one of us needs to assist you, which is a bit time consuming.
Of course, we would love to have more webmasters. Please be patient as we are soon going to release Fedora Alpha, we are in a rush (not necessarily for websites, I have a Huge l10n load).

Keep posted here or try to reach me on irc next week (I am in UTC+2), I would be pleased to help you when I am able to take the time to do so :-)

Cheers,