Re: Websites Frozen

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Karsten Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 06:01:25PM +0200, Elad wrote:
> 2010/11/1 Sijis Aviles <sijis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> I've submited cs translation yesterday to Transifex, but as updates of the
> >> site are done only once a day (correct me if I am wrong), that means the
> >> site remains in semi translated state...:(
> >>

> > The updates are actually done hourly.
> The English version updates hourly. The translations updates daily.

Does the freeze mean that we shouldn't manually update the
translations?

The freeze was to note that you won't notice updated translations on that website but instead in stg.fedoraproject.org. It seems that i was not clear on what the 'freeze' specifically meant.

I know that translators like to see if everything is translated correctly on the website, so if they were looking for the updates on fp.o, they should really look at stg.fp.o.

I presume someone can manually, from the command line, update the
translations more often than daily?

Just for a few days, could we arrange a few extra update times for
l10n?

Updates for all languages are done hourly. There is no special schedule for english vs other languages.

Or does that put the site stability at risk around the release?

- Karsten

As an added note, stg.fedoraproject.org was having issues building the website and that just got fixed a few mins ago thanks to Ricky. The es lang po file was screwing the build up. So stg.fedoraproject.org should be updating hourly and be functionally working.

Sijis