Re: Go back to the old site, at least for now

Thanks to the original reporter for your concern, I'd like to take a
chance to explain why we work as we do.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 09:56:30AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> AFAIK the site has looked fine under chrome in Linux the entire time;
> there was a Windows-related rendering issue in Chrome that reports
> indicate has since been resolved.

It is also worth noting that progress is made by progressing and not
going backward.

Part of the open source development methodology as we practice it is
to make changes and fix the bugs they introduce.  If we wait until
everything is perceived by us as being perfect and complete before we
release it, we would be following a different methodology.

The fact is, a lot of work went in to making this site work and be
useable when it went up.  But it's guaranteed that something is going
to break.  Because the problems people are experiencing have been
fixed so quickly, it's a sign that the methodology we are practicing
is working.  Going backward wouldn't get us moving forward.

I hope that helps you understand why we move forward even with the
risk of breaking.

- Karsten