Re: Some changes in master

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Paul Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With the advice and assistance of Sijis and Mo, I committed some
> changes in to the 'master' branch, specifically to the about-fedora
> page. ÂHere's a summary of what I did:
>
> * Simplified the language somewhat. What was there was a completely
> accurate copy of our wiki, but given the general website is going to
> be read by lots of people not familiar with our project, I tried to
> make the text very approachable.
>
> * At first I removed the four foundations because it seemed like
> overkill to me -- but Mo helpfully reminded me that these are landing
> spots for the index.html page's links to those foundations. So again,
> I simplified the text somewhat to make it easier to understand.
>
> * I provided template markup for everything, but I hope anyone will
> feel free to double-check my work! :-)
>
> What I *didn't* do is to create new POT and merge the existing PO
> files. I didn't do this because before we make the translators go any
> further, I wanted the Websites team to be in agreement with these text
> changes. (If they don't meet with approval, it's easy to revert them!)
> ÂSo what has to happen is:
>
> * Approval of changes
> * Notify L10n we're going to change POT and make sure no one reacts
> really negatively
> * Build POT, merge PO and push
>
> Paul

+1 for me
(I understand that people would first look for short descriptions
about the project). Do you think guys that they will really follow the
bottom links to know more about the FP?
That's good to redirect more interested people to learn about our wiki.

Could we add our great four foundations logo at the left side of those
"want to know more" links?

Deadline for website agree (L10n agreed request date) ?
Deadline for L10n agree ? => POT/po update (end of this week I hope)

Cheers,

--
KÃvin Raymond
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2