Re: feed'd front page ready

Mike McGrath wrote:
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Mike McGrath wrote:

Thats because the wiki is full of developer content.  There's a few things
in there for the end user.  But I'd wager less then 10% of the 10,000+
uncontroled pages to which no one is accountable is for an end user.  We
linked to the wiki because we figured people were used to drinking the
sand.  In my opinion the wiki shouldn't be linked to directly from there
anyway.

Having spend lots of time on managing wiki content, I wouldn't say trashing it
repeatedly as some kind of unwieldy beast is going to help any. If anyone
wants to help manage the content better, your contributions are most welcome.

10,000 pages?   Can you give me a rough estimate of what those 10,000
pages are used for?

Also the 4,000+ attachments.  Can you let me know what those are for?  If
you detect anger in my voice its because I now have to figure out how to
migrate all of that stuff and with the exception of a few people I've had
almost no help in doing it.

The fact that there is 10,000 pages and 4,000 attachments from people who had to sign the CLA in the first place should tell you how much it is being used by the project. When we have something better to manage that content like the plone stuff that never really materialized, we can trash the wiki. Till then it is the best we got.

Rahul